Requirements & Disqualifiers
If you meet these requirements, you may complete an application. Carefully read all of the instructions and return the accurate and fully completed application (PDF) to:
City of West Memphis Human Resource Office
604 East Cooper
West Memphis, AR
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must have a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Arkansas driver’s license or a valid driver’s license from another state that can be converted to an Arkansas driver’s license.
- Have uncorrected vision of 20/100 corrected to 20/20 or better.
- Pass a physical examination
- Pass a psychological examination
- Pass a very restrictive drug test
You must include copies of the following with your application. None of the copies are returnable.
- Authorization for release of personal information form
- Certified birth certificate
- DD Form 214 - long/unedited if applicable
- Driver’s license
- High School diploma or GED
- Personal inquiry waiver form
- Proof of citizenship (naturalization papers)
- Standards and training personal history statement
The following circumstances may disqualify you from service with the West Memphis Police Department.
- Conviction of a felony offense
- Conviction of misdemeanor offense of battery or domestic battery
- Conviction of or guilty pleas to three or more moving traffic violations within one year
- Conviction of the use of illegal narcotics
- Convictions of driving while intoxicated (DWI) within seven years preceding the date of application or more than one conviction at in any time
- Falsification or purposely omitting information on the employment application or personal history statement